Company – Global IVD company
Location – Munich
We’re partnering a global IVD company, focusing on the future of biotechnology development and providing global diagnostic companies with high-performance IVD reagent raw materials, services, and cutting edge open instrument platforms.
They are building out a new R&D site in Munich, where they’re developing automation systems for IVD laboratories.
A crucial hire for them is a senior Electronic Development Engineer, who will be the technical lead for the design, development, and maintenance of the automated laboratory electrical systems in Munich. The position is globally oriented and works across multiple development disciplines and geographic locations.
- Contribute a broad understanding of electronic concepts, principles and practices.
- Work cross-functionally with teams of engineers, scientists, and technicians to implement new technologies and solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electrical issues.
- Integrate the latest research, information and trends to achieve optimal efficiency and quality of the product.
- Take technical leadership of electronic systems during the research, definition,
design, development and qualification phases of multifunctional automation systems.
- Establish functional specifications, identify critical design and risk factors that meet customer needs and regulatory requirements.
- Design circuit boards and sub systems of moderate to high complexity, undertaking theoretical and empirical analysis of complex technology systems.
- Reviews overall design specifications and experimental designs to ensure efficacy, feasibility, and compliance.
- Work in multifunctional project teams, maintaining strong collaborative partnerships with all engineering disciplines including outside partners.
- Ensures all cFDA, ISO and related regulatory requirements are adhered to, helping establish the organization’s long term policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar disciplines.
- 8+ years of experience in complex electrical development, ideally in the diagnostic or medical industry.
- Demonstrable record of successfully completing programs or projects, developing organizational capability: personally taking accountability and ownership.
- Capability to develop complex electromechanical systems.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering and architecture in an agile environment.
- Understanding of surrounding areas (e.g. QA/RA, mechanical engineering, software engineering etc.) and how they integrate.
- Global experience leading and/or participating in cross-functional teams would be advantageous.
- Competitive compensation, bonus growth opportunities and a start-up feel with the significant backing of an established global organisation
- Innovative products, working at the cutting edge of the IVD and Lab Automation space
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support possible
- A consistently growing company with a record of strong financial performance, year on year.
Please submit your CV to us for a private and confidential discussion about the opportunity.