Senior / Principal Scientist Toxicology
About – This position requires extensive expertise in toxicology to help the Translational Research Team with their goal to create novel non-viral gene therapies.
- Provide strategic and scientific leadership to the translational research team to guide the toxicology strategy for the drug candidates in the pipeline.
- Responsible for the GLP and non-GLP toxicology study design and interpretation.
- Evaluation of potential targets for possible toxicological liabilities
- Review and resolve any issues with translational safety aspects of the study designs, reports, or regulatory submissions.
- Collaborate and manage external CROs and collaborators to support preclinical studies.
- PhD in Toxicology, Pharmacology or related field.
- At least 5 years of industry experience, with extensive expertise in toxicology. Experience working within the cell or gene therapy space is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working with Non-Human Primate models and with GLP compliant toxicology studies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with extensive experience relaying relevant information efficiently to scientific peers and senior leadership teams.
- Proven ability to work well both within a team and independently.
The role is a great opportunity to have a significant impact in a collaborative team and play an integral role the creation of non-viral gene therapies by driving translational toxicology strategy.
Please submit your CV to us for a private and confidential discussion about the opportunity.