Company – Innovative ophthalmological device company
Location – Berlin / Field-based (approx. 50%)
We’re partnered with a Berlin-based medical device company, who have a globally successful ophthalmological device on the market and have brand new developments in the pipeline.
They have an opportunity within their Service Engineering team for an entry/graduate-level position, with great training provided and an opportunity to rapidly gain experience and responsibility.
Reporting to the Director of Production, Service & Quality , you would enjoy a high level of autonomy and personal responsibility over installations, maintenance, repairs and safety checks on retinal lasers at our their customers in hospitals and private practices throughout the DACH region.
- Installations, maintenance, repairs and safety checks on retinal lasers at with hospitals and private practice customers
- Working as a medical device consultant via phone and written correspondence for customer inquiries and in support of distributors undertaking repairs and fault analyses
- Repairing and providing spare parts and returns from the field
- Analysis of device data and malfunctions, working closely with the R&D department
- Close cooperation with both the sales office and field service team.
- Vocational training in electrical engineering, electronics or similar.
- Ideally, further training as a technician, or university degree, with medical technology/electrical engineering.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (DACH region, mostly Germany), including overnight stays (no regular weekend work)
- Driving license class B
- Excellent communication skills in German and English
- Customer oriented and a strong analytical thinker/problem solver
- Basic IT knowledge
- Comfortable planning your own work and field service assignments
- A growing, innovative company with flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Flexitime model with core working hours (10:00 – 16:00)
- Travel and accommodation fully covered, as well as access to a company car for local field service assignments (no private use)
- Close cooperation with interdisciplinary teams in a modern workplace
This is a great opportunity to join a close knit team, with short reporting lines and excellent development opportunities, while enjoying the benefits of an established company with a global market presence.
Please submit your CV to us for a private and confidential discussion about the opportunity.