Company – Global IVD company – Lab Automation
Location – Munich
We’re partnering a global IVD company, focusing on the future of biotechnology development and providing global diagnostic companies with high-performance IVD reagent raw materials, services, and cutting edge open instrument platforms.
They are building out a new R&D site in Munich, where they’re developing automation systems for IVD laboratories.
A crucial hire for them is the Senior Principal Systems Engineer, who will take a leading role in the team and oversee the design, development and verification at a system level – as well as overseeing the interaction between hardware, software and service (areas in which they are also making experienced hires).
- Represent a high-performing systems engineering team in Munich, cooperating closely with the Shenzhen team
- Oversee and direct system development automation, participating in strategic and tactical planning processes, and ensuring quality and reliability
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels across the organization, including across functional groups and different locations, regularly communicating with senior management on functional issues
Qualifications / Experience
- Master’s degree in systems engineering or related topics
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience developing complex systems, ideally within the life sciences and lab automation
- Strong experience developing organizational capability – taking accountability and ownership
- Skilled and knowledgeable about how to align systems engineering across multiple locations, creating an environment that supports automation development worldwide
- Deep knowledge of systems engineering, identifying key performance indicators for functionality and key reliability indicators
- Possess a good understanding of other functions including QA/RA, Electrical Engineering and Software Deployment
- Experience leading and/or participating in global cross-functional teams will be highly advantageous.
- Competitive compensation, bonus growth opportunities and a start-up feel with the significant backing of an established global organisation
- Innovative products, working at the cutting edge of the IVD and Lab Automation space
- 30 days of vacation
- Relocation support possible
- A consistently growing company with a record of strong financial performance, year on year.
Please submit your CV to us for a private and confidential discussion about the opportunity.