This position is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, and is able to support relocation of EU candidates.
We are working with an independent biopharma company that is focused on the clinical development of high potential candidates in the Oncology and Infectious Disease space, with the hopes of bridging the gap between discovery products and the unmet medical needs of patients.
This company is looking for a Director of Business Development to join their team and lead licensing deals with large pharma players in Oncology.
In this position, you will be responsible for the full management of the deal process, working closely with the search and evaluation teams, to early business discussions and full deal closure.
- Build and maintain a strong network of potential pharmaceutical partners by understanding their portfolio strategies and evolution
- Generate interest in the company’s portfolio by positioning it as a valuable asset for out-licensing deals
- Lead the in-licensing process by identifying potential opportunities, conducting due diligence, negotiating the terms of the deal, and ensuring a smooth transition to operational activities
- Collecting data on potential opportunities and using it to create a financial model that outlines the potential benefits of the deal to the company
- Communicate with key stakeholders by keeping the leadership team and executive committee updated on the status of the opportunity, as well as working with Program Management to ensure a smooth transition to operational activities
- PhD in Life Sciences (and preferably a MBA)
- 8 years Oncology focused Business Development experience in the pharma / biotech industry
- Advanced knowledge within solid oncology
- Understanding of S&E, Due Diligence, Budgets, Contracts and Alliance Management processes
- Fluent in English (and preferably French)
- Based in Lausanne, Switzerland
How to Apply
Apply here for a confidential call about this opportunity.